Avocado Animal Hospital takes great care prior to, during and after pet surgical procedures. We view every surgical procedure as a major operation, from the more common spay to the complicated orthopedic case.
Surgery is preformed only after an exam. We highly require pre-anesthetic blood screening prior to our surgeries so that we can properly provided anesthesia appropriate for your pet during surgery.
If you have questions regarding pre-anesthetic blood work, ;CLICK HERE!
Pain management is a priority in our surgical cases. We help your pet safely recover from surgery with comprehensive pain management, careful nursing care by our trained staff, special diets, and most importantly, gentle individualized attention and encouragement.
A partial list of surgeries that Avocado Animal Hospital performs includes (but not limited to):
- Lacerations and Abscesses
- Mass(Tumor) Removal/Biopies
- Abdominal and Intestinal Surgery
- Uterine Infections (Pyometras)
- General Ophthalmic and Eyelid Surgery
- Stomach: Tumor, Outflow Obstructions, Torsions
- Cesarean Sections
- Feline Declaws
- Hernia Repair (Diaphragm, Inguinal)
- Knee Surgery: Luxating Patella, Cruciate Ligament Damage
- Tooth Extractions
For those specialized Surgeries, we have specialist that on certain occasions can come here to perform the surgical services necessary for your companion with in our surgical suite.